Hello there

Sign in with

Welcome Back!

Sign in to Continue



By continuing, you agree to the updated Terms and conditions, Privacy Policy.

Forgot password?

Nice to meet you

We see you’re not a member yet. Sign up to get started.


By continuing, you agree to the updated Terms and conditions, Privacy Policy.

It’s done!

You have successfully created your account.

Forgot Password?

No worries. Enter your email ID and we’ll send you a mail to reset your password.

Reset Password?

Reset your password.

Email sent!

You have successfully sent the reset password email to your email id.

You have successfully reset your password. Login with new credentials.


Vajpayee Arogyashree Scheme

Author: Team Finpage
Vajpayee Arogyasri Yojana
Tuesday, May 21, 2024

Do you want to know about Vajpayee Arogyasri Yojana? Thinking in your mind, what is the Vajpayee Arogyasri scheme?

Well, the Vajpayee Arogyashree scheme is a health insurance scheme that aims to extend the ‘Universal Health Coverage’ to all the residents in Karnataka state. This scheme is named after the former Prime Minister of India, Atal Bihari Vajpayee.

Who Can Apply for Vajpayee Arogyashree Yojana?

Vajpayee Arogyashree scheme is inspired by the Rajiv Aarogyasri scheme of Andhra Pradesh. It provides tertiary coverage for the treatment of life-threatening ailments and access to quality healthcare for economically vulnerable zones of society.

Vajpayee Arogyashree Yojana eligibility is for:

  • The people living below the poverty line (BPL), including rural and urban poor households to avail themselves of medical treatment at empaneled hospitals

  • To be eligible, the individual is not bound under any age limit

  • The applicant must possess an Aadhar card and PDS card

What Is the Launch Date of Vajpayee Arogyasri Scheme?

The Vajpayee Arogya Yojana was launched in 2009-10 and initially it covered 1.5 million families. 80 percent of the project fund is provided by the World Bank and the rest 20 percent by the State Government.

Considering the Vajpayee Arogyashree scheme amount, the sum assured will be Rs.1.50 lakh annually on a family floater basis. If this sum has been exhausted, the Government directly pays an additional cover of Rs. 50,000 on case-to-case basis.

Vajpayee Arogyashree Scheme Benefits

Following are the benefits of this scheme:

  • The Vajpayee Arogyashree yojana is applicable for only five beneficiaries of a BPL family in a year, issued by the Civil Supplies Department and verified by Aarogyamitra & VAMCO online

  • It offers cashless treatment for 402 listed tertiary care procedures to BPL ration card holders by simply using Atal Bihari Vajpayee Health card

  • The 7 diseases that are covered under the scheme are: cardiovascular disease, cancer, neurological diseases, renal diseases, burns, polytrauma cases and neonatal surgeries

  • The District and Speciality hospitals and Medical Infrastructure from PHC, CHC can effectively provide free treatment

Vajpayee Arogyasri Scheme Hospitals in Bangalore

A network of empaneled hospitals are selected to ensure cashless and quality treatment for the patient. A few of them in Bangalore are:

  • Karnataka Institute of Medical Science, Hubli

  • Gulbarga Institute of Medical Science, Kalaburagi

  • District hospital, Madikeri

  • K.C. General Hospital, Malleshwaram

  • Mandya Institute of Medical Science, Mandya

  • Wenlock District hospital, Mangalore

  • General Hospital, Mysore

  • Bidar district hospital

  • Jayanagar General Hospital

In case you need any assistance related to any information of this Vajpayee Arogyashree scheme, helpline number is maintained by the Suvarna Arogya Suraksha Trust. You can register any complaint or get information on the type of speciality services of this scheme by calling on the toll free number 1800 102 8330, which is absolutely free.


Finally, it is important to be prepared for unexpected medical conditions in the future to ensure the non- drainage of financial resources. Cashless treatment is provided at more than 6500 network hospitals in India to get the best medical care and financial protection. Hence, always safeguard your family’s future by choosing a best health insurance plan.

Team Finpage

Latest Comments

No Comments



Refrain from posting comments that are obscene, defamatory or inflammatory, and do not indulge in personal attacks, name calling or inciting hatred against any community. Help us delete comments that do not follow these guidelines by marking them offensive. Let's work together to keep the conversation civil.

We see you’re not a member yet. Sign up to get started.
Already member Sign in


Be the first one to know about latest happenings in the InsurTech sector. Click below to subscribe to our newsletter!